Monday, February 23, 2015

FURYON: ”Lost Salvation”

Rating: RRR

Label: Dream Records 2015
Review by Kimmo Toivonen

Furyon have taken their time with this second album. Their first one ”Gravitas” was originally released in 2010 and again in 2012 by Frontiers. Their music has been given away with several issues of Classic Rock Magazine, and several other magazines and webzines have sung their praises, so they’ve gotten their fair share of publicity.

I wasn’t blown away by ”Gravitas”, and I’m afraid ”Lost Salvation” doesn’t win me over either. It’s well produced (by Shinedown producer Rick Beato) and the band is highly impressive, I especially like Matt Mitchell’s vocals. He’s a very versatile singer, kind of like Chris Cornell, Bruce Dickinson and Jeff Keith (Tesla) all rolled into one! It comes down to the songs again,
and I’m just not that much into them. They are by no means bad, but this kind of low-rumbling post-grunge metal is just not my thing. The band is at their best when they speed it up a little, as in ”Lost Salvation” and ”Wiseman”. Some of the slower tracks do have some pretty cool melodies, but then again some of them are fairly forgettable.

Although this second effort didn’t make a fan out of me, I still think that Furyon could be on their way to a major breakthrough and I’m keeping an eye on them. Maybe on their third album they’ll have a couple of songs that no-one can resist…

http://www.furyon.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment